10 magical life and money lessons you can learn from Disney
The Walt Disney Company is celebrating a huge milestone – its 100th anniversary. On 16 October 1923, brothers Walt and Roy Disney set up Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio to produce films. From humble beginnings, the company has gone on to become one of the most recognisable brands in the world.
Over the last century, Disney films have become childhood staples. Even adults will have a favourite nostalgic Disney film or one that they love to watch with children or grandchildren.
There have been plenty of successes in the last 100 years – since its founding, the company has won an incredible 135 Academy Awards. In 2022, Disney employed around 220,000 people and its revenue was more than $82.7 billion (£65.1 billion). In fact, the company ranked number 53 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list of biggest companies in the US by revenue.
To celebrate 100 years of Disney, here are 10 life and money lessons you can learn from the company and its films. In this free guide, we explore:
- Follow Walt’s lead and set long-term goals
- A back-up plan could be useful, even for superheroes
- Diversify your assets like the Disney Company
- Recognise assets that could be valuable in the long term
- Don’t let Joy, Sadness, and Fear rule your decisions
- Don’t fall for a scammer’s promise of treasure
- Retirement is just the start of your next adventure
- Learn from Cinderella and review your estate plan regularly
- Pass on useful money lessons to your children
- Recognise when you’d benefit from a guide